Friday, December 18, 2009

Loving the Nucleus 5 Processors


Another week has gone by. We have pretty much gotten the Nucleus 5 processors figured out. The difference between the new and the old (Nucleus Freedom) has been amazing! Taylor has really started trying to say words. This week alone, she has tried to say Waffle, Ball, Baby, Moo (as in a cow), and she is a PRO at saying Mama. :)

Once we got the new processors on her, with the appropriate settings and volume, she has loved them. She tries to put them back on herself. She has made an immediate and drastic improvement in her attempts to babble and to speak actual words.

The decorative covers are really cute too. We have the lavendar swirl ones and some pink camo covers.

We talked to our insurance company again this week, and they said they will be covering the surgery. I'm still waiting to see the EOB for confirmation.

Stay tuned for pictures and video.





4 comments:

  1. Where is Grandma and Grandpa on that list of words Taylor knows? These are the next words that this beautiful baby is going to be saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photo of Taylor!! I am so happy for you guys! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor is gorgeous and this is wonderful news.
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Grandma has been keeping us informed some in the Post Office world. I'm a Postmaster in a small southeast part of Kansas and have been keeping Taylor in our thoughts and prayers! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda! I got your blog address from my blog (mackenziefamily.blog.com) I have to say that I'm very impressed that you guys didn't waste any time with getting the CI's for Taylor after she was diagnosed. She will have more of an advantage than I did when I was her age. When I was a child, (40+ years ago) they didn't have hearing screenings and didn't check hearing losses until parents brought it up to the doctor. In my case, I believe I was 2 years old by the time my parents had figured it out. By 2 1/2 I had been fitted with a hearing aid and had to have intense speech therapy and training. Anyway, I'm glad that she's getting a jump start in her auditory training and so forth. She'll have no trouble keeping up with her peers! Keep us posted! Such a cute kid too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete