Wednesday, March 24, 2010

P WEEK

It's "P" Week at our house! 

Well, it started with the kids on Sunday before I had even announced it was "P" Week.  
Taylor is really good at fighting while getting her diaper changed, and a poopy diaper fight resulted in my getting a poopy bottom flipping over in my face and getting poop smeared on my chin.  As I'm finishing the cleanup from that, Derek wants me to assist him in the bathroom because he has decided to start peeing standing up, rather than sitting, and has peed all over the seat and floor.  I had rushed away from Taylor before getting a fresh diaper on her, and when I came back to her, she had peed on my bed.  Later that day, Derek peed on the floor in the bathroom two more times while trying to figure out how to pee standing.  Why he decided to start it on that day when his dad was at work is beyond me.  And this was all in one afternoon.

The next day, we annouced it was "P" Week.  The Cochlear website has some really helpful educational materials, including Speech Sounds.  Please see the attached link: 

http://www.cochlearamericas.com/Support/2294.asp


It has a weekly/bi-weekly instruction guide for various consonants, complete with associated activities, words, books, songs, foods, etc.  It is great!  We are going to cover a consonant per week.  It is working double-duty for both Taylor and Derek (age 3). 

As I said, this is P week.  Our dog Maverick celebrated on Monday by eating a mouse/rat/baby rabbit and then PUKING in our house.  The P's continue...

On Tuesday, Derek started at Pre-school.  He was terrified when getting dropped off, but perfectly happy about preschool when I picked him up. 

So far this week, we have
 Popped bubbles
Ate pizza, pineapple, and peanut butter
Napped!
Peeled carrots
Listened to a purple piccolo dinosaur on Little Einstein's
Hopped like a frog
Poured Sand
Ate Spaghetti
Wiped Up
Patted and clapped to music
Played with a Purse
and experienced Pee, Puke, and Poop.

We are loving P week and all of the language learning opportunities and ideas that it is giving us.  Check it out!  19 weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I can 100% relate to how frustrating that afternoon would be as a mom but I still could not help laughing out loud reading it happening to someone else. ;-) Hope "P" week ends on a better note than it began.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey melinda, i posted this on my blog too, but monrovia goes to jean weingarten peninsula oral school for the deaf in redwood city, ca. it is so great. email me or contact me on my blog if you have more questions...your taylor is super cute!

    ReplyDelete