Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lumps around the CI

Last Thursday, I took Taylor back to the Hough Ear Institute.  We always try to watch the implant area closely for redness or irritation.  Occasionally, infections can occur.  Taylor's dad noticed when putting on the coil that there was a lump right below the CI on her head.  It felt like a cyst.  We were able to get right in with our surgeon and had him take a look.  He found two lumps, and started asking me about bug bites, etc. because he thought it was swollen lymph nodes associated with a skin irritation.  I remembered that while we were on vacation, my mom had put Taylor's hair in pigtails and we found a little seed tick on the back on her head near that area.  It was from that tick!!  I hate ticks but what a celebration to know that all is well with the cochlear implant.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment