Monday, October 26, 2009

Dancing!! and other humorous moments...

Taylor has started dancing. She likes her musical Halloween cards in particular. Derek & Taylor got two musicals cards for Halloween -- Alvin & The Chipmunks and Scooby Doo. Soo cute! I am trying so hard to get this on video. Standby for the video addition.

One of the first things that we did in therapy was a "Shhhh, Wake up" game. It's a good way to know if she is hearing the "Shhh", plus it's just plain old fun. She tries to play it by herself now... and if we just whisper "SShhh", she'll turn her head to the side and close her eyes like she fell asleep.

She also has started high-pitched squealing and imitation of lots of ranges of sounds. If I sing, she'll try to go along with me... not the words so much, more the tune.

We play an airplane game where we go "ahhhhh" and move our hand up and down like an airplane. Jon just made the "ahh" sound, and she started moving her hand like the airplane. We were in the family with room with toys and books strewn across the carpet. Taylor was sitting on my lap. I asked her to go get me a book to read, and she got down, picked up a book, and came back to me. :) This week at our therapy appointment, we said "Bababa" into a little bucket, and got her to imitate us. Next, we tried "Shhh" and she again imitated us and tried to say "Shhh." We have had some success getting her to do this at home. It's odd... we are trying to teach her the power of her own voice. There are lots of fun things happening... too many to write, but we are seeing progress!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor, I just read your comment on my daughter, Sienna's blog. It is so interesting to find someone who's child has recently been activated. How exciting! I'm excited to hear about your daughter's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melinda and Jon

    I have been reading Taylor's blog since you sent it to us the first time. It sounds like she is doing wonderful. I would love to meet her and Derek. And would love to see you both again. It was wonderful seeing Jon when he was here staying with Jason and Sarah. We are saying many prayers for all of you. I wish you all were in Kansas City so that we could help you. Well I had better go. She has two amazing parents so she will go far. Love Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Taylor's already walking all over her brother...just what a sister is suppose to do.....love the videos.

    ReplyDelete